Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Why I Appreciate Representing Clients

         One day last month, I was reminded about why I enjoy my practice and my clients.

One client that I had not seen in 25 years out of the blue walked into the office.  He had recovered from knee injuries caused by falling down an elevator shaft on a fish processor.  He was working. He was happy.  We talked for more than an hour about where our life paths had taken us over the decades.  He just wanted to say hello.

That afternoon, another client came to visit me.  He had, for the most part, recovered from injuries in a North Slope accident and wanted to brainstorm about career ideas.  We talked about our kids.  We talked about our wives. We talked about life in general.   Like the other client, he just wanted to say hello.

Both men made not just my day but my month.  See www.Junelawyer.com